Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Here I will post my artwork, including works in progress, newly finished paintings, news about shows, exhibitions, classes and more. You can see all of my work on my website: https://17-cheryl-johnson.pixels.com.
Originals, prints, cards, and many more items are available for sale through Fine Art America at https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/17-cheryl-johnson.html
Visitors are welcome at my Studio/Gallery located at 343 Perch Pond Road in Campton, NH. Drop in anytime I am home, or email cheryljohnsonart@gmail.com to set up an appointment.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Student work from Monday night, October 2

On Monday night, everyone began working on the autumn reflections images.  All chose to do the lesson I created for "Dark Water" (see below), which I just finished on Monday afternoon. I will post their finished paintings next week.

Here are a couple from last week's Mt. Desert Island class

This one is by Elizabeth. The colors of the sky and water are perfect, and the details of the dead tree are wonderful. 















This one is by Sandy ...  the lighting on those foreground rocks is great, and she did a fabulous job on the sun.  



Below is my final version of "Dark Water", which I did at 22" x 9".  
The ones we did in class were the usual 12" x 9" size.












There were a lot of useful techniques in this class, including: 
  • the use of a clear gel pen to mask the tiny white branches, 
  • using a torn paper mask to define the edge of the foliage, which was then painted with a sponge
  • using gum arabic in the reflection to extend drying time and using a fan brush to blur the image
  • using M. Graham Titanium White watercolor to paint the reflections of the trees



No comments:

Post a Comment