Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Here I will post my artwork, including works in progress, newly finished paintings, news about shows, exhibitions, classes and more. You can see all of my work on my website: https://17-cheryl-johnson.pixels.com.
Originals, prints, cards, and many more items are available for sale through Fine Art America at https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/17-cheryl-johnson.html
Visitors are welcome at my Studio/Gallery located at 343 Perch Pond Road in Campton, NH. Drop in anytime I am home, or email cheryljohnsonart@gmail.com to set up an appointment.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Class work from Sept. 28

Thursday, Sept 28, our class focused on images from Mt. Desert Island in Maine. 

Next week we will be working on Autumn Reflections. Painting water reflections is always a challenge.  I have lots of reference photos, and as always, painters are welcome to bring their own. 

These paintings are from the morning group. 

This lovely sunset image was painted by Mary Jo. I think she had a little bit more to do. Nice job!
I especially like the sky and the foreground ledges.
This was a small study of Bass Harbor Light, painted by Joan.  She liked this practice painting better than her larger one.
I think she really captured the mood of the image in this one.



This is Dianne's finished painting from the Summer Woods class a few weeks ago. I like the light and the feeling of space she achieved.


These shots are from the Thursday afternoon group.


Helen and Marguerite are enjoying some of my home-made Peach Tiara Cake ... judging from the smiles, I think they liked it. :)













Helen's beginning of Bass Harbor Light ... she needs to finish the ledges and add shadows to the light house.
 Maggie chose to paint one of the many beautiful stone bridges found on Mt. Desert Island
 Marion also chose the Bass Harbor Light and got off to a great start
Paulette picked an early-evening view of a dead tree and a star-studded sky. 













This the the beginning of Marguerite's painting which featured a pond with a rocky shore. She lifted out the submerged rocks and will add shadows. 











And, finally, here are some completed paintings from earlier classes

 This is Carol's painting from the Summer Woods class. I suggested that she should add a little detail to the background.
 Carol did this one on her own ...  she liked the apples but thought that the leaves needed some work.  I think adding a few shadows would make the whole thing "pop"
 This is Paulette's finished piece from the Pen & Ink with Watercolor class ...

Marion used salt to great advantage to create the foreground texture in her painting from the Summer Woods class

No comments:

Post a Comment